- Management of Personal Information
- Information Collected
We will collect details during a booking enquiry and when you choose to make a booking through us. Information collected is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details (address, email, mobile number, emergency contact, etc), passport information, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific booking requirements. If you choose to rent your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details and information regarding the accommodation you wish to let. We also collect website usage information. We do this using cookies.
We might collect bank account details if you pay your security deposit by bank and we need to refund it to you as a bank transfer.
All personal information is retained on a central database, controlled by our administrative staff. We have taken the greatest care to ensure this is inaccessible to anyone other than Spain Sun Rental personnel. However, it may be necessary for IT system suppliers to access the system from time to time but we do carefully vet these suppliers beforehand for our own security reasons.
- Using Your Information
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking;
- to administer your booking (with our agents and the owner of the accommodation you have booked)
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are renting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see section 6 below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us provide you with details or information you may have requested.
- Sharing Your Information
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of our partner companies and their service providers (see also section 5);
- credit/debit card companies;
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, management companies, accommodation owners, travel agents and other suppliers;
- public authorities such as customs/immigration/local police if required by them, or as required by law.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
We will not, however, forward any of your details to any other person or company other than those already mentioned without your prior written consent. In making a booking with us, you accept these conditions.
- Managing Your Information
We may from time to time appoint other members of our partner companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. The owners of the holiday accommodation and some of these systems (for operational reasons) may be located in countries within the Europen Community. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- Contacting You
We would like to send you information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties. We may do this by mail, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We will always ask you to confirm in advance that you are happy for us to allow third parties to contact you by email.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to us at email@example.com
- Information Retention
Your details will be retained on our database for future use. If you do not wish us to retain these details, please write to us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless we receive a written request, the above details may be transferred to another company in the event of Spain Sun Rentals Limited being merged or sold.
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
- Recommendation of Holiday Accommodations
We may provide a facility for you to inform a friend or family member whom you think may be interested in our products and services. In this case, we will ask you for your friend's name and contact details. We will then send your friend a one-time communication to see whether our products and services may be of interest to them. We do not access or store their details other than to send this initial communication.
- Accessing and Updating Your Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us by:
Or write to us: 92 Albany Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 1EL, UK.
We will try to reply to you within two months from the date of request but will have to charge for the provision of this information.
- Monitoring of Telephone Calls
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
Or write to us: 92 Albany Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 1EL, UK